Monday, November 22, 2010

A letter

My darling sister,

From the moment I saw you first

I knew there was something special

I vowed I will cherish you

Protect you from all harm

I promised to take care of you

But now that you are all grown up

I barely have a thing to say

Only this that I trust in you

Believe you and love you

I want your future to be bright

I want you to enjoy life

I want that you love me too

For what I am

I will do anything for you

Hold your hand when you cry

Listen when your heart’s breaking

You can tell me anything

Coz I’m older I will be there

You can trust in me

When all other things cease

Forgive me if I have let you down

And driven away all your dreams

I didn’t mean to be in your way

All that I had, I wanted for you

To have

I wish that things changes

That you were first and I were last

We will have different story then

I am sorry I miss your birthday

Yet all that I wish for you

You already had them

You got humors and talents

And a big heart to love and forgive

What else can we wish for….?

But for all that life has to give

Remember we chose our own destiny

Plan our own future

Each step we take brings us closer

To the dreams we are weaving

And when things appear gloomy

And life’s become too low

Kneel down and pray

Despair not, trust in god

And we have each others

I will be there for you

For always and more

I want to see you smile

I love you

Affectionately

Your sister

Elizabeth

JNU, New Delhi

No comments: